Wednesday, August 18, 2010

    The Divided States of America

 I work in the "North East Coastal" area and I live in south Texas, Grew up in Indiana till age 16 then moved to Louisiana and started my career in the Maritime Industry, I mention all of this only to point out that I have seen a variety of the sub-cultures we have within this country we call the United States of America.

 I have been saying for the last 3 or 4 years that this country was heading toward some kind of civil war, at first I didn't really mean a violent all out War but some kind of civil up-rising. But with the current events and the Intolerable growth of our Government I see now that I was wrong, VERY WRONG. There are to many people that are willing, no actually WANT to have this Big Brother Government watching over them, they feel safer I guess.

 And then there are the people, who like me only want a chance to live their lives in peace and to be rewarded for the work they do and a chance choose what THEY will do with their OWN lives and not be bothered with the problems of other people that are none of their business anyway.

 But the people who WANT Big Brother taking care of them, making their decisions for them and therefore have someone else to blame when their lives are in some kind of turmoil. These  people can not be sustained without SOMEONE that works that produces, innovates and creates and advances our "nation" as a whole.

 And now the "PRODUCERS" have been overburdened with the NEED and WANT¨S of those that don't want the responsibility of taking care of themselves of making their own decisions. I, and many like me have grown tired and we feel cheated and that our lives or the Self-Control of our Own Lives is being TAKEN AWAY from us because it IS.And now that we have grown tired of the burden of maintaining those that want to be maintained. And now that we want to throw off the load of those that are not our responsibility we are ridiculed and called Uncaring or Racist or Radical or any other name that is considered to be "POLITICALLY INCORRECT" what ever the hell that is. And this only serves to make us more angry,And more determined to be rid of responsibilities that are not of OUR own making.

 And if the "Taken Care Of" Stop getting what they say is owed to them they Scream "Injustice" and riot and cause Mayhem.

 These two different "Peoples" can not co-exist, and one way or another they will be divided and not just by social barriers but by Sovereign Barriers. So I do Believe with deepest sincerity that this "GREAT NATION" will be divided.And in all probability by a Bloody War as bad as or worse than anything seen by man.

 I wish and pray that I am wrong but I see no other course for hard working self respecting people to be rid of the burden that has been placed on their backs by the irresponsibility's of those that want others to do for them.

Dennis
III
Texas

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Blogosphere, Dennis!

    Some years ago, an older guy I was working alongside said that the next American civil war was going to be between the "haves" and "have-nots". It didn't make sense to me, but he could see the trend back then (mid 1980s).

    It has only gotten worse. In the course of 100 years, we've gone from a rugged, independent culture that sang the song "Don't Fence Me In" to one that could sing the song "Take Care of Me".

    Like you, I'm afraid something awful is coming. There are just so many bad chains of events coming together that I just can't see how it ends well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You, for dropping by. I´ve seen your comments at Sipsey Steet and WRSA.

    ReplyDelete