Saturday, August 21, 2010

Religion vs. Freedom

 This is a about a posting by the Dutchman over at ¨Sipsey Street Irregulars¨ named,

 "Gandhian pacifism aside, Glenn Beck gets at least this much right. "The country is burning down.""


First go Read the Post and Read the original article at Politico.com:and then see the comments at Sipsey Street a couple of people, not many would trade one collective for another.
 
  Now I am going to Say what I think here because I believe somebody needs to say it.

 First off I want to point out that I consider Myself to be a Christian in the Traditional Sense that I believe that Jesus Christ paid the price for my admittance into heaven or my Salvation if you will. You can belive what ever You will that is for You to decide.

  I do try to understand what I read in the Bible and there are couple of things that I don´t understand, But there is something that I do see and That is ¨The Second Greatest Gift that God Gave to Mankind after Salvation, was and is the Ability to CHOOSE.¨  We are not animals, we have Thought Process, We are not Driven by Pure Instinct. This is less apparent in some than in others. But that ABILITY TO CHOOSE, Has also been Mankinds Greatest Burden.

 But there is something else I see and that is that To Many times, through out History of Mankind, Religious beliefs have be used for Inexplicable Crimes and for the Control of Other People´s lives. And that goes for examples like the Crusades and Inquisitions and  Jihad or to the Soviet Ukraine Genocide or Pol Pot in Cambodia, Conversion To or the Elimination of Faith.

Now My Question to You is,

Will You Be Free Men and Women or will you be just a Collective of Another Sort. I Choose FREEDOM and LIBERTY and I will stand with Any Man or Woman that will like wise Choose Freedom and Liberty for each in their own Manner.

Dennis
III
Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment